The world’s shortest IQ test with 3 questions; can you answer all? – New

0

Called the cognitive reflection test, the set of questions was originally part of a research paper.



By Web Report

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019, 4:33 PM

The world’s shortest IQ test will fry people with just three math questions, and only 17% were able to answer all of them correctly.
Called the Cognitive Thinking Test, the set of questions was originally part of a research paper published in 2005 by MIT professor Shane Frederick. Reappeared online recently, the shortest IQ test has taken the internet by storm and many have tried it.
Professor Frederick asked more than 3,000 participants from various educational backgrounds to take the test, including those who attended top US universities such as Yale and Harvard. Surprisingly, several struggled to give correct answers to all three questions, with only 17% of them getting three out of three marks, while the remaining 83% failed.
Speaking about the test, Prof Frederick said, “The three elements of CRT are ‘easy’ in the sense that their solution is easily understood when explained, but achieving the correct answer often requires removing a wrong answer which sprang “impulsively ‘to mind.”
Shortest IQ test quiz:
1-A bat and a ball cost $ 1.10 in total. The bat costs $ 1 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?
2-If it takes five machines five minutes to make five widgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?
3-In a lake, there is a square of water lilies. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of the lake?
The three most common answers people give are:
1-10 cents
2-100 minutes
3-24 days
But, they are in fact wrong and the correct answers are in place of 1.5 cents, 2.5 minutes and 47 days respectively. Mirror.co.uk quoted Professor Frederick as saying, “Anyone who thinks about it would agree that the difference between $ 1 and 10 cents is only 90 cents, not $ 1 as the problem states.”


Source link

Share.

Comments are closed.