It’s official, I suck
Everyone has a companion who thinks he’s the next Einstein. They got 10 A*s in GCSEs, managed to balance four A-level subjects and their mum tells them all the time how smart they are. However, now there is a very easy way to test if your friend’s intelligence is legit with an IQ test that only asks three questions.
An old IQ test has resurfaced in a number of TikToks over the past few months. The most popular of these TikToks is a video by user @chibimallo which has been viewed over 5 million times with people sharing their answers to the three questions in the comments.
@chibimallo ARE YOU SMART? Take the world’s shortest IQ test? Answers in part 2 🙂 #iq #test #smart #jesuslovesyou #iloveyou #intelligence ♬ original sound – Chibimallo
The cognitive reflection test was originally developed in 2005 at MIT by Professor Shane Frederick and asks only three questions.
As part of his research, Professor Frederick administered the test to 3,000 people from a variety of educational backgrounds and only 17% got all three answers correct.
If you want to prove how smart you are, here are the three questions:
1. A bat and a ball cost $1.10 in total. The bat costs $1 more than the ball. How much does the balloon cost?
2. If it takes five machines five minutes to make five widgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?
3. In a lake, there is a patch of water lilies. Every day, the patch doubles in volume. If it takes 48 days for the plot to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the plot to cover half of the lake?
Speaking of the test, Professor Frederick said the answers are easy to understand once explained: “The three elements of the CRT are ‘easy’ in the sense that their solution is easy to understand when explained. , but getting the right answer often requires deleting an erroneous answer that “impulsively” comes to mind.
So what are the correct answers?
1. Five Hundred
2. Five minutes
3. 47 days
If you managed to get all three answers correct, then congratulations, you’re a certified genius.
Related stories recommended by this writer:
•Ok so who is the family of the TikTok audio “I’m just a baby”?
• This TikTok test will tell you exactly how angry you are
• Ok, so the old man on TikTok isn’t really 163