- View full picture
Here are 30 outdoor questions to test your outdoor knowledge in fish, animal and other fields.
If you’re ready to take the test, I’ll ask the questions first and then post the answers at the end of this article.
Good luck and don’t forget to cheat looking at the answers.
Questions about fish:
01. Name a sport fish found in Canada and Alaska, but not in Siberia.
02. Name the largest fish found in inland waters of the United States.
03. Name the biggest fish in the world.
04. Name the trout resulting from a cross between a female brown trout and a male brook trout.
05. What fish do the Eskimos call âLikalupik? “
06. Which trout is sometimes called a “speckled trout”?
07. What is unique about the tail of a white panfish?
08. Which is the most difficult trout to catch: Brook, Brown or Rainbow?
09. If the fish is prepared the “Seviche” way, what do you do?
10. Who was the first person to catch a 1000 pound rod and reel fish?
01. Name the most hunted game in the United States
02. How many ounces does a black bear cub weigh on average at birth?
03. What is the most commonly hunted big game in the United States?
04. What large animal do scientists call “Ursus Horribilis?”
05. What is a Cygent?
06. What are the names of adult male and female rabbits?
07. What part of the moose is a delight for the natives of the Far North?
08. Where do raccoons usually live?
09. Name the different types of caribou.
10. What are the young American antelopes called?
Divers questions :
01. Name the Great Lakes of North America.
02. What is the phrase for the shortest day of the year?
03. Which map shows natural and man-made features and elevations?
04. What is the largest geothermal area in the world?
05. On a compass, how many degrees is west?
06. What is the âherring bone techniqueâ in skiing?
07. What is carrion?
08. Name the only poisonous lizard in the United States
09. What do you call the trail used to transport canoes between bodies of water?
10. Name three North American plants that are poisonous to the touch.
01. Mackinaw trout (lake).
02. White sturgeon.
03. Whale shark.
04. Tiger trout.
06. Speckled trout.
07. Nothing. Got you on this one!
08. Brown trout.
09. It is marinated.
10. Zane Gray.
02. 10 ounces.
03. White tailed deer.
05. Young swan.
06. Buck and Doe.
08. Hollow trees.
09. Arid Land, Mountain, Wood.
01. Huron, Ontario, Michigan, Erie and Superior.
Note: The first letter of the five Great Lakes states the word HOMES.
02. Winter solstice.
03. Topographic map.
04. Yellowstone Natural Park in the United States
05. West is 270 degrees.
06. It is a technique used to move uphill, especially in cross-country skiing.
07. The decaying flesh of a dead animal.
08. The Gila Monster.
10. Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac.
How did you do? I would bet that even if you did very well, you did not answer all 30 questions correctly.
I certainly did not understand them all when I took this test.
But, even if you missed a question here or a question there, now you have a better grasp of the great outdoors.
Bet your favorite pigeon
Bet your favorite pigeon he can’t tell you the size of the biggest saltwater fish I’ve ever caught.
If he smiled and said, âIt was a 115-pound halibut, caught fishing with Kingfisher Charters in Sitka, Alaska a few years ago,â he could have been one of the other three fishermen on that boat.
PS Sigh, the same day Elaine caught a 148 pound halibut, her biggest ever, and I lost the bet on who would catch the biggest fish.
– Don Quilici is Carson Now’s Outdoor Editor. Don’s wife, Elaine, is the outdoor photographer. They live in Carson City and can be contacted at [email protected]