The Honorable Supreme Court in its Order of 6th March 2018 ordered the restoration of the Law Graduate Assessment Test (LAW-GAT) by the Pakistan Bar Council (PBC) through the Commission of higher education (HEC). The purpose of the placement test is to ensure proper examination and assessment of a law graduate wishing to join the legal profession so that only competent individuals with the necessary basic knowledge of law may enter the profession. legal profession to practice law.
Therefore, a law graduate only becomes eligible to apply for a bar council to register as a lawyer if he qualifies for the assessment test to be conducted by the Higher Learning Commission, Pakistan having been licensed by the PBC pursuant to the aforementioned order of the Honorable Supreme Court and read Section 26 (cc) of the Law Practitioners and Bar Council Act 1973 and the PBC Rules.
People who have obtained a bachelor’s degree in law or the equivalent from a university recognized by HEC/PBC can apply.
Type of test
The test will consist of multiple choice questions (MCQs)
- The Law Revised Curriculum GAT Test can be downloaded from here
- The Law-GAT test will take place tentatively on February 20, 2022. Any change in test date will be communicated via http://etc.hec.gov.pk
- Candidates who registered through the HEC online registration process will upload their roll number sheets through http://etc.hec.gov.pk one week before the test date.
- An email/SMS will be sent to registered candidates for the date, time and location of the test.
- Applicants are required to provide a valid email/mobile number when submitting the online application form.
- A printout of the roll number slip and the original CNIC will be required to enter the test center.
Test center details
The exam will be conducted at the following test centers
- Candidates can select any test center from the list available in the application form.
- Please note that said test will be held on any of the above if a minimum of 100 candidates select this center
- Please also note that the test center once selected will not be changed after registration.
How to register
- Please visit the following link http://etc.hec.gov.pk for online registration.
- In case of difficulty during the online registration, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or visit the HEC secretariat or the HEC regional centers for advice.
- The submission of the application consists of two stages; completing the profile using the “My Profile” section and submitting the application using the “Law Admission Test” link on the menu panel in the left bar of the online portal.
- Only SUBMITTED applications will be considered for the Law-GAT test and applications in SAVE or INCOMPLETE mode will not be considered.
- The test fee i.e. Rs 3000/- must be deposited online/ATM to Account No. 1742902018152 Higher Education Commission Bank Account Title: Habib Bank Limited Brach Code 1742. Bank Drafts/Orders payment will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to submit the original Fee/ATM/Online Transfer Deposit Slip by post to HEC Member House Sector H-8, Islamabad on or before the last date of registration.
- Please mention your CNIC number on the back of the payment slip
- Exam fees are not refundable or transferable.
- Online registration deadline
- The deadline for online registration is February 7, 2022
- A score of 50% is required to pass the Law-GAT test.
- Applicants will be required to meet other criteria, if any, in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of the Bar Council of Pakistan
- Candidates will have a maximum of three chances to take the test. HEC will conduct the test on a quarterly basis.
Read more: List of Fake, Illegal, Illegal and Unrecognized Institutions in Pakistan
Follow INCPAK on Facebook / Twitter / instagram for updates.