The weekend has arrived and that means it’s time for another movie quiz – this week’s trivial chase lists movie bars, pubs, and clubs, between the usual teasers.
As usual, we’ve compiled three Friday Movie Quiz series for you to enjoy for fun or profit. There isn’t a price tag to get there first, so it’s mostly for fun, but whether you’re playing solo or challenging your friends and family to a video call quiz night (you remember when everyone was doing them?), we hope you enjoy.
Once you’ve completed this week’s quiz, you don’t have to go home, but you’ll find a link to a separate article with the correct answers at the bottom of this article. Please contact us in the comments and let us know how you did (scores over 30 this week!) Here is…
ROUND ONE – This week in cinema history
This tour is about what’s new and the general story of this week’s movie over the years – we’ve given you the year at the start of each question to help you out!
- 2008 – What hit musical is set on the Greek island of Kalokairi?
- 1992 – Who plays Max Schreck in Batman Returns?
- 1985 – What late fantasy sequel pits Dorothy Gale against the Nome King?
- 1996 – Who led the first Impossible mission movie?
- 2004 – What family comedy marked Arnold Schwarzenegger’s last film role before becoming governor of California?
- 1974 – Born this week, which connects Kinky Boots, 12 Year Old Slave, and new version of Netflix, The old guard?
- 1987 – Which Coen Brothers comedy stars Nicolas Cage as the petty thief HI McDunough?
- 2016 – In The Legend of Tarzan, Alexander Skarsgård is Tarzan, but who is Jane?
- 1964 – What is the title of the Beatles’ first comedic feature film?
- 2013 – What Psychological Horror Directed by Ben Wheatley premiered in theaters, on DVD and on Film4 on the same day?
SECOND ROUND – Pubs, clubs, bars and movie stars
Let’s take another spin here, with a few questions about pub and bar scenes in the movies. If you’re looking for more questions about the Cornetto Trilogy, we’ve covered them here.
- In which Moroccan city would you find Rick’s Café?
- Who X Men character frequents a bar called Sister Margaret’s Home For Wayward Girls?
- Which 2000 movie stars Piper Perabo, Tyra Banks, and Bridget Moynahan as bartenders?
- Who plays Lieutenant Archie Hicox, the film critic who meets a gruesome end in Inglorious Basterds’ tavern scene in the basement?
- What Disney animated movie features an inn called The Snuggly Duckling?
- Who plays the famous Double Deuce Dalton bouncer in the 1989s Relay?
- Which movie do “Mr. Underhill” and “Strider” record in at the Prancing Pony Inn?
- Who plays Arthur the android bartender in the 2016s Passengers?
- Which comic book movie features the character of Tina Carlyle, a singer from the Coco Bongo nightclub?
- In the years 2006 Casino Royale, how does James Bond decide to name his signature cocktail, after the character of Eva Green?
THIRD ROUND – Pot Luck
As always, we end with a random selection of darling movie questions – these can be from any era, genre, or difficulty level. Enjoy!
- Which of the major themes from Ennio Morricone’s film gave Hugh Montenegro a UK No.1 single in 1968?
- What planet is on Avatar together?
- Which 2014 comedy features Constantine, the world’s most dangerous frog, as its villain?
- Who does Geena Davis play in Thelma & Louise – Thelma or Louise?
- How much Rocky films directed by Sylvester Stallone?
- Who connects the movies Catch Me If You Can, Justice League, and Nights of Talladega?
- 2000s Shadow of the vampire concerns the making of which classic horror movie?
- What movie comes next in this trilogy – Before the sun rises, before the sun goes down…
- What movie does Winona Ryder play a character called Kim Boggs in?
- In 2020, which actor appeared in more Oscar nominees for Best Picture than anyone?
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (this will take you to another page). And let us know your scores in the comments below!
Thank you for your visit! If you would like to support our attempts to create a movie website without clickbaity:
Become a patron here.
Subscribe to our newsletter here.
Follow movie stories on Twitter here, and on Facebook here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.