Following the devastation Avengers: Endgame, Spider-Man returns to the big screen today, July 2, in Spider-Man: Far From Home. Peter Parker recovers from a devastating loss as he travels to Europe with his classmates for a summer trip. Fate intervenes when his new mentor, Nick Fury, asks him to step in and defend the world from elemental threats with the help of a new Marvel superhero, Mysterio, played by Jake Gyllenhaal in his Marvel debut. The film, directed by Jon Watts, director and co-writer of Spider-Man: Homecoming, is set to be one of the biggest box office hits of the summer. Analysts say it could make up to $ 180 million over the weekend of July 4.
To mark the return of the webbed superhero on the big screen, we posted a competition this morning. When it ended at 1 p.m., the names of those who answered all the questions correctly were entered into a draw for two free tickets to a screening tonight, Tuesday, July 2, at AMC Loews. Boston Common 7 to 8 p.m.
The winner is Xiaoxuan Wang (GRS’21).
The questions and the correct answers to our quiz are below. Thanks to everyone who participated.
1. In which movie and in which year did Tom Holland first appear as Spider-Man?
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
2. Jake Gyllenhaal makes his superhero film debut in Spider-Man: Far From Home as Mysterio, a hero from another planet who is able to travel our world after Thanos makes a reality hole in Avengers: Endgame. Where does Mysterio come from?
Earth-833 (we also accepted “Another Earth” or variations of it)
3. Which actor Spider-Man: Far From Home recently reported on social media an error about her character on the Spider Man attach?
Samuel L. Jackson
4. Which actor in Spider-Man: Far From Home also stars in the new HBO series Euphoria?
5. What actor Tom Holland is famous for doing in press interviews?
6. To avoid telling Tom Holland that Tony Stark is dying Avengers: Endgame, what is the Avengers Did the producers tell the actor the funeral scene was going to be?
7. Tony Stark’s personal chauffeur, Harold Hogan, helps Peter Parker deal with Stark’s death by Spider-Man: Far From Home. He also helped Stark’s daughter at the end of Avengers: Endgame by getting what for her?
8. Oscar winner Marisa Tomei (Hon.’02) returns as Peter Parker’s Aunt May. Which actor, who recently won an honorary Tony Award, previously played Aunt May?
9. Before Tom Holland, who are the two actors who played Spider-Man on the big screen?
Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield
10. Tom Holland recently admitted that he mispronounced a word in Spider-Man: Far From Home. What is the word?
Explore related topics: